Backdrop project

I’ve been working on my auction doll for the GAW Barbie convention. The doll has been repainted, and the outfit has been made, but before I take photos, I wanted to create a backdrop to go with the doll. After Christmas, I found a faux window frame on clearance at Michaels. I decided attach it to a floor with L-brackets. Then the doll can stand on the floor and the whole thing can either hang on the wall or sit on a surface.

To make the floor, I started with a square of plywood. I picked up some edge banding veneer to make the hardwood floor at Menards. I simply cut “planks” to size with scissors, and then ironed them onto the plywood square with my iron. So much easier than using popsicle sticks! Once the flooring was ironed on, I used a stain marker to get the color I wanted. Now I just need to seal the floor and assemble.

9CD2B33D-E31A-45ED-A717-00AB92993FF633E89792-16B4-42BA-957A-055331AEC72D17071290-B405-4F8C-AB60-CD5E175B9EEC37F40C8E-67D9-457D-A564-9091A03C29BB