I had a request to make a couple of 1960’s mod dress patterns. Usually, I draw inspiration from the 1940’s to the early 1960’s, with my sweet spot somewhere around 1956-57 when so many interesting details were happening in full skirts. I looked through my stash of vintage Barbie sewing patterns and did find a few with those angled darts indicative of that ‘60’s mod era, but I was not happy with the fit (or lack thereof). So after a botched attempt, I went back to my own tried and true basic pattern and started from scratch. If you look closely, you’ll see I did incorporate a lightly curved empire seam for interest, and opted to make the sleeve part of the bodice piece for ease of sewing. And who doesn’t like a kicky beret to finish the look. Dress available now in my Etsy shop. Sewing pattern coming soon.